We at Criminal-Lawyer-Perth routinely deal with traffic offences. We do specialise in Dangerous Driving Causing Death or Grievous Bodily Harm. Examples of the cases we deal with are:
- Driving under the influence
- Driving whilst disqualified under court order or fines suspension
- Speeding, reckless driving, dangerous driving or careless driving
- Dangerous driving (causing death or grievous bodily harm)
Dangerous Driving Causing Death or Grievous Bodily Harm
For most people, driving their motor vehicle every day is a routine and often mundane experience. Things change drastically when, for example you go to work in the morning and you have a car accident and kill someone. We have represented many everyday road users involved in accidents with tragic consequences. Some examples include:
• A 25-year old electrician, who was blinded by the sun, turned into oncoming traffic killing someone in one of the oncoming vehicles. The electrician thought he had a green turning arrow, but by proceeding into the intersection his conduct carried tragic consequences.
• A middle-aged boilermaker, was driving at night with his son in the passenger seat, and indicated to turn at a controlled intersection. Upon following the green light he was T-boned by a motorcycle rider who died upon impact.
• A mineworker travelling on a mine road in dusty conditions overtook a semi-trailer after observing the relevant protocols to do so. He slammed into an oncoming vehicle, seriously injuring the occupants. In the moment before impact, he was following procedures told to him in training and well known in mining circles.
These are examples where we have assisted everyday people navigate through complex and highly stressful court experiences. We say they are everyday people because at the time of the collisions they were not drunk or under the influence of drugs, tired, exceeding the speed limit, driving erratically or had traffic convictions of any relevance.
When you choose us you benefit from our wealth of courtroom experience in serious traffic matters, as well as having access to our expert group of major crash experts, forensic scientists, motor vehicle and mechanical engineers and road traffic engineers that help us prepare your defence case.
If you are charged with Dangerous Driving Causing Death or Dangerous Driving Causing Grievous Bodily Harm then call Criminal-Lawyer-Perth on 0422 656 589 to make an appointment with one of our experienced lawyers to discuss your case.
The above represents information only and is not to be taken as providing legal advice. It is purposely written in non-technical legal language in order to be understood by a wide audience of people from all types of backgrounds. If you want to know more about this topic you are advised to visit our website and contact us at Criminal-Lawyer-Perth, or call one of our criminal lawyers directly on 0422656589 or 0411185071, or speak to a lawyer of your choosing.