General Traffic Law Offences
We at Criminal-Lawyers-Perth routinely deal with traffic offences. Whilst we have expertise in the wide range of traffic offences we tend to focus on one area. Examples of the cases we have dealt with include:
- Driving under the influence;
- Driving whilst disqualified under court order or fines suspension;
- Speeding, reckless driving, dangerous driving or careless driving; and
- Dangerous driving causing death or grievous bodily harm.
Whilst we accept instructions in the above areas of traffic law we do in fact specialise in Dangerous Driving Causing Death or Grievous Bodily Harm. We tend towards defending person charged with Dangerous Driving Causing Death or Grievous Bodily Harm.
Dangerous Driving Causing Death or Grievous Bodily Harm
For most people, driving their motor vehicle every day is a routine and often mundane experience. Things change drastically when, for example, you go to work in the morning and you have a car accident and kill someone. We have represented many every day road users involved in accidents with tragic consequences. Some examples include:
• A 25-year old electrician, who was blinded by the sun, turned into oncoming traffic killing someone in one of the oncoming vehicles. The electrician thought he had a green turning arrow, but by proceeding into the intersection his conduct carried tragic consequences.
• A middle-aged boilermaker driving at night with his son in the passenger seat and indicated to turn at a controlled intersection. Upon following the green light he was T-boned by a motorcycle rider who died upon impact.
• A mineworker travelling on a mine road in dusty conditions overtook a semi-trailer after observing the relevant protocols to do so. He slammed into an oncoming vehicle, seriously injuring the occupants. In the moment before impact he was following procedures told to him in training and well known in mining circles.
These are examples where we have assisted everyday people navigate through complex and highly stressful court experiences. We say they are everyday people because at the time of the collision they were not drunk or under the influence of drugs, tired, exceeding the speed limit, driving erratically or had traffic convictions of any relevance.
When you choose us you benefit from our wealth of courtroom experience in serious traffic matters, as well as having access to our expert group of major crash experts, forensic scientists, motor vehicle and mechanical engineers and road traffic engineers that help us prepare your defence case.
If you are charged with Dangerous Driving Causing Death or Dangerous Driving Causing Grievous Bodily Harm then call our criminal defence lawyers on 0422 656 589 to make an appointment with one of our experienced lawyers to discuss your case.
Access to Experts
When we received instructions on a dangerous driving causing death case we immediately open communications with WA Police (WAPOL) Major Crash Squad and the State DPP. At the same time we confer with our experts in such as as mechanical/engineering, crash deconstruction, road design and traffic light engineers and so on. With this input we can almost reconstruct a crash event with great accuracy and particularity. Our experts help us rebut the State’s case on technical grounds to do with for example the alleged vehicle speed, safety of vehicle manner of driving and so on. Sometimes our experts concur with certain parts of the evidence provided by the State DPP which then means we have to approach building the defence case along different lines.
The above represents information only and is not to be taken as providing legal advice. It is purposely written in non-technical legal language in order to be understood by a wide audience of people from all types of backgrounds. If you want to know more about this topic you are advised to contact us or call one of our criminal lawyers directly on 0422656589, or speak to a lawyer of your choosing.