If you are charged or being investigated for a serious criminal offence you need a Criminal Lawyer in Perth with experienced trial lawyers (the Barristers) who routinely practice criminal law in the various courts. The law firm should also have lawyers (the Solicitors) who are well versed in the criminal justice system and are able to competently steer your matter through the court system.
- Does your firm practice extensively in criminal law?
- Does your firm have experienced in-house solicitors practicing in criminal law?
- Does your firm have experienced in-house trial lawyers practicing in criminal law or does your firm instruct other law firms or independent barristers?
- Do your trial lawyers appear regularly in trials in the Magistrates Court, District Court and Supreme Court?
- Do your trial lawyers represent people charged with anything from simple to the most serious offences?
- Are your trial lawyers fully conversant with the Criminal Code or the Crimes Act?
- Are your trial lawyers fully conversant with the Criminal Procedure Act, Evidence Act and Sentencing Act?
- Are your trial lawyers well known to the investigative and prosecuting agencies?
Other Factors To Consider When Choosing A Criminal Lawyer
We represent people facing charges arising under both Western Australian and Commonwealth law.
We are focused on defending clients. We thoroughly examine and determine the scope of defences available on the facts.
We represent its clients from start to finish. We take your initial instructions, negotiate with the police and prosecuting agency, steer you through court hearings and we represent you at trial.
We specialise in defending clients charged with simple offences, such as disorderly conduct, through to the most serious including murder and manslaughter and dangerous driving causing death.
Please read the Scope Of Advice section on this site. We equip clients with the information they need at their first face-to-face consultation so that they understand how the law applies to them, available defences, procedural steps, time frame and legal costs.
We have as a transparent, and unless otherwise agreed, fixed fee cost structure. See the Legal Costs tab of this site.
This is important because the police force works around the clock. Clients of Saupin Legal are given the mobile telephone number of their lawyer to contact them during and after business hours.
You must feel comfortable speaking to your lawyer. You must feel free to ask any question concerning your case knowing that you will receive a considered and appropriate response.
Our clients appreciate that we are able to explain complex criminal legal problems in plain language.